Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"Set your mind on things above"

What does it mean to trust the Lord, completely and totally 100%? This is a question that has been racing through my head these last few weeks. What does this look like in my life when I am overwhelmed with confusion? – “From the ends of the earth, I cry out to you. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2 – I come back to this verse every time. As a woman, I have a tendency to lean toward “overwhelmed” many times. Over the years, I have seen this trait in myself and I have tried to replace this feeling with the truth of God.

         “Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34) I don’t know about anyone else, but some days I feel like trouble follows me around. I feel like someone is following me around saying, “what are your plans for next month, next summer, next year?” Learning to replace the lies of the world and of Satan is critical in these moments. Jesus calls us to not worry. He calls us to keep our minds completely on him. And he will provide “much more.” Matthew 6:30

         So, whatever is going on in your life, whatever situation seems to hard or to stressful or just plain terrible; Cling to the fact that Jesus has your best interest in mind. He doesn’t promise to give grace to our imagination or how we will get there, walk through it or respond. He only promises to give us grace in the moment. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, “ But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6) There is quote that has been stuck in my head, “When you can’t see His hand, trust His heart.” And that is just what I am trying to do.
        
         Thank you for reading. I will try to update soon about my students and school! Feel free to email me anytime! J Have a wonderful day!

-Madison 

 
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conqu’rors we are!

His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

2 comments:

  1. B-E-A-U-TI-FUL! Praying for healing and that God will continue to give you wisdom! It looks like He is doing a great job as Scripture comes to your mind when you are in these times :) I really love seeing your heart in these posts and I know that they are blessing me but also others around the world who have never really had that one-on-one with a real-life missionary before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Madison I do love you girl. You are wise beyond your years! I am 57 and I'm just now beginning to "get it!" I hope Katie read this post . . . it was meant for her! Follow Him one step at a time . . . that's all He requires (from Jesus Calling, Feb. 1). I hope you have this devotional book. If you don't let me know as I want to send it to you. Love you
    Kathy Lamm

    ReplyDelete