Monday, February 6, 2012

"For such a time as this."

First I want to thank so many of you for your encouraging words over the last couple of weeks. My prayer has been that beyond me, beyond my situation, people would not see Madison, but that they would see a clear presentation of Jesus. I pray that His Name above all else would be glorified. This past weekend I had the privilege of going to the capital, Santo Domingo, with some ladies from my church to hear Nancy Leigh Demoss speak. The title of the conference was, Aviva Nuestras Corazones (Revive our hearts). Before going to the conference, I was praying that the Lord would begin to break my heart for the things that break his. I was praying that I would have a renewed sense of focus and reliance on Him.

Regardless of whether God calls you to serve Him in ways that seem menial, some of those household tasks that you do day after day that seem so unimportant, or whether He asks you do something that's significant by your measurement, whether His assignments include tasks that are hidden or highly visible, whether He asks you to do things that seem beneath your skills or He asks you to do things light years beyond what you're able to do and what you think you can do, whether they're common tasks or exciting, exhilarating tasks—whatever He asks, wherever He sends, we need to remember that we are His servants. We exist to do His will.

Revive our Hearts, Nancy Lee Demoss {Full Surrender}

The Lord is so faithful. He is so good. I pray that the pride that is within my own heart would surface so that I may repent of those things and humble myself once again before the Lord. I don’t know what the future holds for me, but I know who holds my future. I am right where I need to be, even if it is for a short period. I am created “for such a time as this.” Thank you for your prayers.

Madison


2 comments:

  1. Praying for you always. Your ministry, your health, your direction. So proud of you, and inspired by you. Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete