Wednesday, May 16, 2012

All for His Glory.

“Before God becomes satisfied with us, He will take everything of our so-called wealth, until we learn that He is our Source; as the psalmist said, “All my springs are in You” (Psalm 87:7). If the majesty, grace, and power of God are not being exhibited in us, God holds us responsible. “God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you . . . may have an abundance . . .” (2 Corinthians 9:8)— then learn to lavish the grace of God on others, generously giving of yourself. Be marked and identified with God’s nature, and His blessing will flow through you all the time.” -Chambers

I can’t believe that it has been over one month that I moved back to the United States from the Dominican Republic. It has been a whirlwind of a few weeks. The transition was very different from any other in my life. I didn’t leave the Dominican because I wanted to; I left because I had to. This small detail made a big difference. I fought with disappointment, bitterness and the feeling of failure. However, I serve a BIG God. I knew better than to think that He had taken me this far and left me to fend for myself. I had a confidence that He was up to something; something much bigger than my little mind could fathom.

            One week after arriving in the States, I had the privilege of joining the staff at Peace church (the church I am a member of in Wilson). I am working with the youth, outreach, discipleship and Hispanic ministries. All the things that I love have been rolled into one and I get to come to work to this every day! Although I have NO idea why I got sick or why I had to leave the DR before I thought I was “done”, God has already begun to open my eyes to the bigger picture. I can’t wait to see what crazy thing He wants me to do next. All for His Glory.  

-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment