Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Only found in Thee.

‘O God,
I bless thee for the happy moment
when I first saw thy law fulfilled in Christ,
wrath appeased, death destroyed, sin forgiven,
my soul saved….

I want no other rock to build upon than that I have,
desire no other hope than that of gospel truth,
need no other look than that which gazes
on the cross…

May my cry be always, Only Jesus! only Jesus!

In him I have all that I can hold;
enlarge me to take in more…

If I am tempted, and have no wit,
give me strength enough to trust in Him

If in extremity,
let me feel that He can deliver me;

If driven to the verge of hope
and to the pit of despair,
grant me grace to fall into His arms.

O God, hear me,
do for me more
than I ask, think, or dream.”

~ Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment