Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hallelujah, Christ arose!

He is RISEN! This is the second year that I have spent Easter in another country. Last year I was living in the Philippines during Easter. I was able to experience Maundy Thursday where the entire population of Manila (well, that may be extreme) makes the pilgrimage to Antipolo (about 10 miles). This year I was able to experience Easter in the Dominican Republic. Worshiping in Spanish with my brothers and sisters at Vida Nueva was such a blessing. As I was reflecting on the events of the past year of my life, I was overwhelmed with the goodness of the Lord. Easter has become the most precious time of the year to me. Thinking about the events of Easter brings immediate tears to my eyes. How many times do we sing songs about the cross, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus? How often do we just sing right through the lyrics and forget to savor the meaning of those words? I am praying that I never lose sight of the implications of the Cross. I pray that I would never forget that it pleased the Lord to send His Son as atonement for our sin. He was glorified through the suffering. I pray that the preciousness of the Cross would never fade. I pray that I would not forget that "while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me." The Cross is the center of it all. I could probably type pages and pages of how the Cross has changed my life and how I have found unending grace at the foot of the Cross. It breaks my heart to think of the many people that don’t yet understand the meaning of the Cross. I pray today for those who have not experienced the refreshing and cleansing flow from Jesus Christ. Until you have really and truly sat, savored and experienced this you will never truly understand.

How deep the Father's love for us,

How vast beyond all measure

That He should give His only Son

To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,

The Father turns His face away

As wounds which mar the chosen One,

Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,

My sin upon His shoulders

Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,

Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there

Until it was accomplished

His dying breath has brought me life

I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no power, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ

His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom.

Pondering His grace,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment