Friday, March 23, 2012

You're my Healer.

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5

The last week has been much of a blur. Last Friday, I started feeling weak and I was determined to ignore it. I didn’t want to address the fact that I might be getting sick. Again. I decided that a nice restful weekend at my apartment was a good idea. So I didn’t leave my apartment all weekend. However, I just kept going down hill. On Sunday night, I called my favorite nurse and told her that I thought I was getting really sick. She came over right away and gave me the grim news: probably bronchitis-for the fourth time since December. She ran to the Pharmacy and got me some meds my Dr. ordered and we made plans to go in on Monday. I saw the Dr. and after a chest x-ray and blood work, he determined that I had bronchitis again and that my white blood counts were down-probably a virus. He sent me home with meds and told me to not go to school for five days! What in the world was I supposed to do for five days? Alone? I obeyed orders and rested. (I really did!)

Tuesday and Wednesday I started going down hill-fast. On Wednesday night, I was taken to the emergency room and admitted right away. They started breathing treatments and an IV to help me recover. I was moved to a room, where they continued to monitor my progress. My breathing started to gradually improve, but I was still coughing a lot. In less than 24 hours I had 4 or 5 breathing treatments and several rounds of medicine. Nurse Linda took very good care of me and stayed with me all night. I got more sleep than I had in a couple of days- four hours! I made it through the night and woke up Thursday morning feeling a little better! They discharged me with plenty of medicine and strict orders to stay in bed for the next week. I was able to sleep more last night than I have for the last three days.

Thursday morning as I was reading my Bible in the hospital, the Lord took me to this verse:

Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am pining away; Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are dismayed.” Psalm 6:2

God is definitely a God of healing! He has been such a perfect Comforter to me over the last week. Never in my life have I felt the overwhelming peace of the Lord and his physical presence. I want to thank all of you who have been praying and taking my name before the Throne since I have been so sick. I can definitely say that your prayers have been felt!

I want to also let all of you know that I will be returning to the States on April 13th to end my term here in the Dominican Republic. My health has deteriorated since living here and it seems that the only thing that will help will be to return to the States. While this is a really big decision, I know that the Lord is Sovereign and has a plan for my future. I really hate to leave and I would really appreciate your prayers as I make the transition back to the States. I am not sure what the Lord has in store for me, but how many people at 22 are already doing their dream job? His plan can only get better right- His dream job for me is much more amazing than what I think is best! I look forward to seeing each of you after I arrive in the States. If you support me financially, I will be contacting you in the near future. Thank you again!

Serving Jesus,

Madison Clair

"Though my health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment