Thursday, March 1, 2012

Top Five Update!

March. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that it was Christmas and I was heading back to the DR for my second semester! Crazy how time just flies by so fast! I have been SUPER busy at school making sure my “children” are taken care of, but I wanted to send a quick update on a few things that have been going on.

1) I have started to feel so much better. I am not out of the woods yet, because just when I think I am close to 100% … it rains. I am level enough that I will be completely fine until June! Thank you so much for all your prayers and support! God has been so good to me!

2) My students are making HUGE gains! I have right around 20 students in the SST program and so many of them are functioning above their ability. This has been such a reward to see them making progress not just in their grades, but ultimately in their understanding. Although there are days where I don’t get to sit down or my head feels like it is going to explode on account of me trying to teach things that I seem to have forgotten from high school (go figure!), my job is so rewarding to see the smile on the face of a kid who used to believe that he/she was a failure.

3) My Spanish is coming along great! I am definitely making progress and my confidence has improved! I have a long ways to go, but practice has improved my language dramatically!

4) Pray for my school. Over the last couple of weeks there have been great changes and new perspectives adopted, however, I am so excited to see how things are going to progress. So many of the students at our school are hurting and lost. I am asking the Lord to change hearts, break hearts, and begin to mold hearts to look like Jesus.

5) In exactly, one month my Mom, Step-Dad and boyfriend are coming to visit me in the Dominican Republic! I am so excited. I have been struggling with this feeling of living two separate, totally different lives these past 5 months. Its like the things from home aren’t here and the things from here aren’t at home (try to understand that one…). I can’t wait to be able to share this part of my life with people that I love so much! So, feel free to come and visit me so I can share parts of my life in the DR with you too! (seriously!)

Thank you so much for your love and support! I am so grateful for the prayer that has covered me this past year. God has been so good to me! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat! I love emails from home! (madison.c.wheeler@gmail.com) God bless you!

-Madison Clair

No comments:

Post a Comment