Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He's got his hand on me.

“It is crucial that in our darkness we affirm the wise, strong hand of God to hold us, even when we have no strength to hold him. This is the way Paul thought in Phil. 3:12:

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.” ESV

The key thing to see in this verse is that all Paul’s efforts to grasp the fullness of joy in Christ are secured by Christ’s grasp of him. Never forget that your security rests on Christ’s faithfulness first. (John Piper)”

So thankful that Jesus has his hand on me. He is caring for me and protecting me. He has His best interest for me at hand. He loves me and wants me to flourish. God is so good. Here are a few verses that have encouraged me and strengthened me this week:

Psalm 27:13-14

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.”

Psalm 34:14

Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it,”

Psalm 52:9

I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it, And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.”

-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment