Friday, October 7, 2011

Beautiful Struggle.

I am just 4 days away from beginning my journey to the Dominican Republic. I have spent the day packing. one of my least favorite tasks. It has to be done, but boy do I dread it. While I was packing, thoughts were racing through my head. A bittersweet emotion of obediently following the Lord's call to go to the DR, but sad to leave those I love and my ministry here behind. I was wrestling with all of this trying to find contentment and rest. I turned on Pandora and just began to worship. I was reminded of the goodness of the Lord. That He is the "I AM". He holds me when I don't know what to do next. He doesn't give happiness, He gives sweet joy. What began as a dreadful process, the Lord slowly turned into a worship from the bottom of my heart as I try to prepare to make this huge step. I came across a quote that I want to share. Pray for me as I make the final preparations, establish the last of my support and get ready to GO, just as He has said.

"We can make the right answer sound old hat, but I guarantee this: God will surprise you. He will make you stop. You will struggle. He will bring you up short. You will hurt. He will take his time. You will grow in faith and in love. He will deeply delight you. You will find the process harder than you ever imagined – and better. Goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life. No matter how many times you’ve heard it, no matter how long you’ve known it, no matter how well you can say it, God’s answer will come to mean something better than you could ever imagine." -David Powilson

-Madison
If you are reading this, please send me your email so I can add you to my newsletter list! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment