Monday, October 17, 2011

Flooded with emotions.

I don’t think I can even begin to describe the emotions that I have experienced over the last five days. Anything that could happened in attempt to discourage a person has happened; however, in the midst of the craziness the Lord has been so faithful to bring Scripture after Scripture before me and give me such a precious peace. Knowing that serving the Lord is not always an easy, beautiful task, I have come to realize that it can at times be a daunting charge. Instead of sharing with you all of the emotion (which might take hours), I want to share with you Jesus’ words that have sweetly comforted me.Isaiah 43 says:


“1 But now, this is what the LORD says—

he who created you, Jacob,

he who formed you, Israel:

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;

I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,

I will be with you;

and when you pass through the rivers,

they will not sweep over you.

When you walk through the fire,

you will not be burned;

the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD your God,

the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

I give Egypt for your ransom,

Cush[a] and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,

and because I love you,

I will give people in exchange for you,

nations in exchange for your life.”


[Click on the link to finish reading: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2043&version=NASB]


Psalm 90:14-17

14 Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love,
so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery!
Replace the evil years with good.
16 Let us, your servants, see you work again;
let our children see your glory.
17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval
and make our efforts successful.
Yes, make our efforts successful!

The cry of my heart is that I would wake up each morning allowing the Lord to satisfy me with His unfailing love. That he would give me gladness in my service. I pray that He would send down His glory so that I may see His work in this place. Most of all I pray that the Lord would show me His approval and make my efforts successful. Not so that I may be praised, but that He may be made famous among the nations. So that all men might praise the Lord. I pray you are encouraged today knowing that you are precious and honored in the sight of the Creator.

-Madison


No comments:

Post a Comment