Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hit the ground running.

The past 24 hours have been a whirlwind. I flew out of RDU yesterday at 1:30pm. I was blessed to have a friend (thank you David Manning!) happen to be on my plane to Miami! God is just good like that. I arrived in the Dominican at 8:45 pm and was picked up by my principal and her husband. I was quickly given instructions, keys and information. Quickly overwhelmed. I finally made it to my NEW apartment (For those that weren’t aware, my housing was iffy leading up to my departure; however, God’s promise rings true that He works ALL things out for good. We were assigned a nicer, safer and bigger apartment! Praise the Lord!) I met me new, wonderful, roommate Lindsey, who welcomed me so well with the little things that are nice to have upon arrival, toilet paper. We are going to have such a wonderful time together and I am blessed to have her!

Today, I left for school at 6:40a, (much earlier than what I have been used to for the last 5 months!), but I was reminded how much I love mornings! I have spent most of the morning receiving instructions and tasks that I will soon take over at the school. The people are wonderful and so welcoming! I have such a peace that this is exactly where the Lord wants me! I can’t wait to dive right into learning Spanish and making new friends! On a side note, I have a amazing Dominican girl, Alba, working for me who is going to be such a blessing! She has already been so helpful, ordering me a dairy-free lunch!

Thanks again for all your prayers and support! God is going to do BIG things! Pray for a smooth transition, continued health and calmness as I take on this huge task the Lord has called me to! May God bless you too! I want to share a verse that I am clinging to today:


From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint [overwhelmed, submerged, weak, anxious]; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Psalm 61:2


-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment